Thursday, March 3, 2011

Kickingwoman settles a very old score!

I am the ghost of Kickingwoman. I was the beloved squaw who was married to the chief of our tribe, Little Turtle. I loved him, and he loved me. We lived together for just two short years, when one day some evil and despicable pirates found their way into our wonderful life. They tried to kill my Little Turtle. I told him to run and hide, and true to my name, I fought and kicked them with all my might. Little Turtle cowered in the back corner of our teepee. He wasn't a coward; he was just little!

After a long fight, I began to get tired. My kicks became slower and softer. The pirates finally wore me down. A very dashing pirate with crystal blue eyes pulled out his sword and pierced me in my heart. After raiding our teepees, they left. Thankfully, my Little Turtle was so small that they never saw him. But he was never to be the same again. He grieved Kickingwoman the rest of his days. He buried my body right outside our teepee. He planted a tree over my grave and would sit by that tree every day and grieve for me. When he grew old, the tree offered some shade to his poor, frail little body.

My body lay at rest there for many years until just a few days ago. That same tree that had provided shade to my Little Turtle and rest to my soul was cruelly taken down. My soul felt pain with every branch that was severed. Now I was in search of the one who has disturbed my eternal rest. I drifted into the room of the young one, but the spirits told me that he was not the one. Then I felt the presence of the one who once took my life. I floated toward the presence and found the room of a pirate. It was not the one who took my life, but as I hovered over the bed, he opened his eyes in his sleep. I would recognize those blue eyes anywhere. It was the great, great grandson of the pirate who ended my time with Little Turtle.  Finally, there could be vengeance for my death. At last I could settle the score and get revenge for the grief that my death caused my Little Turtle all of his days.

There was only one way to escape the retribution of Kickingwoman. There were two pure souls who helped take down the tree that my Little Turtle planted. One could make amends with my weary soul, by compensating these two untarnished beings. Through offerings to the two innocents, one could make amends for the vile act of his great, great grandfather, and my soul could once again be at rest. Otherwise, Kickingwoman could only find rest through revenge on the pirate’s descendant who took away the tree that beloved Little Turtle planted.

I believe that an offering of $1000 each will be sufficient in restitution for the heinous acts of those ancestors.  I trust that descendant will make the right decision. He does not want the ghost of Kickingwoman taking revenge on him!


No comments:

Post a Comment